There are actions that we simply can not tolerate which will result in immediate action.
1]Posting Pornography/Disturbing Images - Instant ban.
If you find anyone breaking the code of conduct, please use the fish icon on their profile to report them.
1. Be respectful - treat others the way you would like to be treated!
If you're going to say something that could be hurtful to another user - don't bother saying it. Put yourself in their shoes and think how you'd feel if you were treated in such a way.
2. Don't swear - we like to keep the site clean!
MineBook isn't a trash can, don't go swearing at other users, or even just as general practice please.
3. Online Dating - NOT ALLOWED.
Online Dating isn't allowed here - no matter how much you "love" someone, keep it for elsewhere. Do not harass people about their gender. Don't talk about your "gf/bf" either. This will encourage those younger than you to participate in such ODing.
4. If someone wants you to leave them alone - LEAVE THEM ALONE.
We shouldn't have to ask you to leave someone alone if they've already asked you. If you're worried that someone is just always on your wall and you can't stand it - please report them.
4. Please don't run your competitions/sell using Minebook - you could get into trouble!
If you scam someone while on MineBook, we hold no responsibility for it. If someone decides to take legal action you could get into trouble. We play it safe and disallow users to host competitions on MineBook, besides - there's the official ones! Where selling is concerned, please don't promote anything you're selling. The exception for this is BuyCraft in the server advertising section.
5. There are certain things you can't discuss at Minebook
Because some users can be hurt by the following topics, we disallow them:
- Religion (this includes any ethical group which worships their beliefs)
- Disasters within the last 80 years (EG: 9/11, Haiti Earthquake, etc.)
- Self Harm/Risk Taking Behavior
- Illegal Activity
Images: We don't want people to use images of you for the wrong reasons, or to steal your identity. Please don't upload images of yourself. Also, linking to or uploading of pornographic or graphic images/sites will result in a permanent ban.
REMEMBER: When you click a link you are leaving MineBook!
Personal Information: Giving your email, twitter, facebook, skype, etc. is at your own will, but please remember you are leaving the jurisdiction of MineBook when you do so. We do NOT allow sensitive details to be distributed, this includes but is not limited to:
- Phone Numbers
- Bank Details
Spam stands for "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages".
That means don't repeat messages over and over or say ridiculously pointless things for the sake of it.
All other rules apply in chat. Specific rules are:
- Don't post tall images
- Don't post abundant numbers of images in a short period of time
- If you want to speak in another language, change the chat channel.
The forums are NOT a chat room. Please try to:
- Try to stick to correct grammar and be civilized as much as possible
- Please don't use 'txt sp3ak'
- Don't bump up old posts for the fun of it
- Don't bump your own topics, if you have to add to them - it's better just to use the edit button
Please don't say "Please return the favor" when you godlike them, and please don't generally ask for a godlike either.
11. Please respect staff - what they say, goes.
We do try to be as respectful as possible to everyone, but don't argue with staff, or disrespect them. If you disagree with moderation action, there is an email for complaint at the bottom of the rules.
The rules are constantly being revised, and users are encouraged to use common sense as this isn't a complete list of rules - we can punish users for actions not listed here where necessary.
If you wish to dispute actions of a member of staff, please submit evidence and an explanation of what they did to:
If you don't go into detail and explain why you think the actions were wrong, your email will be ignored.
If you think anything should be changed on the code of conduct, contact us:
NB: Should any state law breaking activity take place by users on the site, or is hinted at, the necessary law enforcement department for the users area will be informed, and the user be punished accordingly. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE IN A POSITION OF IMMINENT DANGER - CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITY IMMEDIATELY.